Steeler Slotted Stud™
Build Modern, Efficient Head-of-Wall Systems. A cost-effective alternative to slotted track, the Steeler Slotted Stud is everything you need in a Head-of-Wall system. The Steeler Slotted Stud is innovative and economical, as it can be used in combination with track to form both non-load bearing and wind load-bearing walls. It includes a 2 1/4" slot which allows for up to a 2" vertical deflection and is UL fire rated. Substituting Steeler Slotted Stud in place of slotted track can save your project money while still offering the proper deflection your walls require.Contact us to order
The Steeler Slotted Stud offers an effective alternative to standard slotted track. Depending on the specifications of your project, Steeler Slotted Studs can save you big money.
Steeler Slotted Studs meet or exceed ASTM A370, A1003, C754, C645, and C955. The Steeler Slotted Stud is UL rated for up to 2 hours. Members 33ES and thicker are engineered to be load bearing and thus structural.
- Easier Install: Steeler Slotted Studs are lighter than conventional studs, meaning quicker installation. The 2-1/4" slot allows is designed for easy fastening.
- Better Deflection: Steeler Slotted Stud is unlike any other head-of-wall assembly in the industry. Its 2-1/4" slot allows for up to 2" of deflection.
- Superior Toughness: We use a full zinc coating to greatly minimize rust formation. What’s more, the Steeler Slotted Stud is available in gauges from 21 to 12, meaning superior wind load capabilities.
- Designed for fire & smoke protection: Two slots in the head of each stud means less of a need for fire proofing.
- A Steeler creation: Our engineers are always looking to improve the way wall systems function, and the Steeler Slotted Stud is just one example of that. Introduced as a cost-effective alternative to slotted track, the Steeler Slotted Stud was created to help our customers save money and time.
Web Size Offerings:1-5/8”, 2”, 2-1/2", 3-1/2", 3 5/8", 4", 5 1/2", 6", 8", 10”, and 12”.
Flange Offerings: 1-1/4", 1-7/16", 1-5/8", 2”, 2-1/2”, and 3”.
For more specifications, including Limiting Heights and Section Properties, see our Support section.
You may also be interested in
The Modern Head-of-Wall System. Steeler Slotted Track is another cost-effective option for your head-of-wall vertical deflection needs. Because it is lighter than traditional track and other deflection systems, Steeler slotted track will save you money and installation time. Its slits allow for up to 5/8” compression or extension deflection movement capabilities, protecting your wall systems when loads shift.
Get the Basics Right: The Timeless U-shaped Track. A steel framing system begins with steel studs and track. What started as an easier-to-use and more durable replacement for wood framing is now a fixture in the commercial building industry and an up-and-comer on the residential front. Steeler has been manufacturing steel track for over 40 years, and with that experience comes a time-tested level of quality, knowledge and service.
Your Solution for Silent Walls. Steeler Sound Resilient Channel dampens noise by breaking up sound waves, giving future occupants of your building peace and quiet. Some form of sound dampening material is recommended for multifamily residential or shared-wall commercial buildings, and Steeler Sound Resilient Channel is an affordable yet highly effective option.